PIANC Permanent Task Group on Climate Change (PTG CC)
· Chairperson: Mr Todd Bridges (USA)
· Countries represented include the USA, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, the UK, Australia, Finland, South Africa, India, Spain, France, Norway, Brazil, Austria and Japan
· Five Partner Organisations are represented
· Currently seeking members from
· See Member List for complete roster
Mission of the PTG CC:
· To inform PIANC on how navigation may be affected by climate change.
· To advise PIANC on where and how adaptation and mitigation actions need to be taken so that the necessary actions and investment can be performed in a proactive way.
· To provide a common and basic platform for all PIANC commissions to build up their work plans regarding climate change.
· To monitor maritime navigation mitigation activities undertaken by other organisations, to disseminate information and to contribute to ongoing work where appropriate.
· To collate and co-ordinate currently disparate information, identifying gaps and contributing to further knowledge and guidance in the area of maritime climate change adaptation.
PTG CC Areas of Interest:
PTG CC Documents:
· Task Group 3 Report – Revision is underway
· Terms of Reference – Revised version of May 18, 2015
For more details about the PTG CC, please visit ‘About the PTG CC’.